Introduction To Marine-Grade Fabric

Making Piping
Piping in Sunbrella Spectrum: Graphite, sewn onto a fabric sample of Sunbrella Cast: Horizon

I don’t remember exactly what I was searching for when I stumbled upon the Sailrite website. Most likely it was from someone on YouTube creating something that prompted me to take a look. Being a ‘former’ fiber artist, viewing their wares got me excited about the possibilities of creating again! After many months of looking and thinking, looking and planning, I finally decided to purchase a few fabric samples and appropriate thread to see if my little sewing machine (Brother ~ Project Runway model# CE5500PRW) could handle the bulkiness of the marine-grade fabric!

It had a few hiccups but after a bit of tensioning and just simply getting used to using the machine again, I was able to get a few sewing samples completed including creating and attaching some piping that I was able to produce with some other supplies I had ordered.

Sunbrella Marine Upholstery Fabric
Samples Are Important!

Comments

Popular Posts