10 Years Later...

Wow - it's been exactly 10 years and this was not planned!

I've been working on a new project (it's HUGE [to me anyway]) and part of it involved me waking up the sewing machine from it's long hibernation. It hadn't been used in over 10 years...

But what wasn't planned was this post being exactly 10 years from my last post! I started it on 05 October 2021 but I noticed the last post was 06 October 2011... so I scheduled this to post on the 6th!

Some updates:

The spinning wheel... gone!

The loom... gone!

The knitting needles and yarn... all in storage.

... and

... I sold my house!

I'm currently living with my sister (just down the road from where I was living before) and I'm going to be doing the 'tiny house' thing soon... but more on that in a later post.

In the meantime I've been getting used to the sewing machine again. I've been working with outdoor fabric and thicker thread (V-69) so I've had to play a bit with tension. It's working out okay, but I have a more robust machine in mind!

I'm no longer weaving things but I've been sewing things! I've made a few bags to use for grocery store runs and a pair of pillows for the bed!

Here is bag number one. Pretty basic, just a bag with a liner and a semi-flexible plastic mesh insert sandwiched in the base for a bit of stability.



Blue grocery bag with liner.

Blue grocery bag with liner.

Comments

Popular Posts