More Mohair For Kay

Fuzzy Mohair Meets Loopy Mohair

Here is the last mohair scarf for Kay. This one belongs to her! The warp is the same blue/purple mix as on these here, but she requested that the weft be black. I used Webs Stirling Mohair which is a loop-type mohair. At 500 yards per 8oz skein at $20, well, you can't beat that!

I love how the loops peek out from the colorful warp threads. It gives the scarf an extra fuzzy feel and look. When Kay walked around the corner to my desk she just stopped and said wow! She threw it around her neck and proceeded to sport it around the office. I was able to seize her for a quick photo shoot in the front lobby:


... and this is Kay.

This time around I had no issues with the weaving. No broken warp threads, minimal shedding (even though the reed I'm using is still a narrow 12 dent - I really need to get that 5 dent soon).
-----

Comments

Popular Posts