Navy Blue Bamboo (and Alpaca Silk Too)


Is it obvious? Can you tell? Can't figure it out?

I love bamboo!

I have a silk scarf in mind, but before I venture on to that, I wanted to take advantage of the cut warp threads that are still hanging and tied on the loom from the previous scarf. I love the pattern so much that I want a scarf for myself. This one will be a little different though. Instead of 100% bamboo, I've decided to use Valley Yarns 2/14 Alpaca Silk for the weft. Color: Fawn. I think this will look great with a warp of navy blue. The alpaca/silk (80/20) blend will add an extra sheen and also a lot of warmth and fuzziness.

I'm all done with my taxes so now it's time to play.

Tonight I've wound & chained the warp. Later in the week I'll tie each of the 175 ends to the previous warp, then beam and weave. No reed to sley, no heddles to thread - no heddles to thread. That is what I love about tying on to a previous warp - no heddles to thread. Just slowly advance the knotted warp carefully through the reed and heddles, finish beaming and you're done. I once wove 6 scarves using the same threading. It all went so fast!

Comments

Popular Posts