Cotton Sprout

April 7, 2010

A few weeks ago I placed an order with Cotton Clouds. I had ordered some carbonized bamboo spinning fiber, along with some Pima Cotton seeds. I planted a few of the seeds Easter Sunday, April 4. Today is April 7 and I already have a little cotton sprout. I can tell a few more are about to break through the soil surface - most likely tomorrow. I had no idea they would germinate so quickly. Nice head start on their long growing season.

April 8, 2010

I have never attempted to spin cotton, yet. Just a matter of time. I certainly don't plan to have enough from 3-5 plants to do much with. I'm really just growing them this year out of interest. They have attractive flowers and are easy to care for. I figured, why not? I can save whatever bolls they produce until I'm ready to give spinning cotton a try.

The other reason why I'm only growing a few cotton plants is because I want the rest of the garden free, to plant Indigo! More on that later, I promise!

Comments

Popular Posts