Sock It 2 Me

What can I say? Once again there is something in Fiber World that I've wanted to do for so long.

Post it here for inspiration.

Sock knitting, a craze? Yes, I think so. But who could resist wearing a fancy pair of hand-knit socks? This first pair that I'll attempt (I admit, I took a sock class a few months ago. I was not impressed with, well, I won't say) is very basic. Using size 7 needles and Aran weight yarn they should knit up in a breeze (or maybe a small thunderstorm).

The sock pattern is called Irish Wellington Socks, by Aileen Cahill. Her site can be found at knittingneels.com. I found the pattern at Ravelry.


The yarn is from my stash. I've had these 3 skeins of Rowanspun Aran for years now. I don't think they even make it anymore. Perhaps not the total best choice for socks, but they can be hand-washed. I think of these as 'around the house' socks. I doubt I'll ever put them into a pair of boots. But who knows?

Comments

Popular Posts