Spun Kool-Aid

Played around a bit - tried dying wool with Kool-Aid. I was amazed how fast this wool gobbled up the color from the water. The wool was purchased from Vulcan's Rest Fibers in the little historic town of Chesapeake City MD. What a great little place the town is. Too bad I didn't have any time to check it out - so that means another trip for the whole day is planned soon. I hung the fiber to dry, spun it (new to this) and then plied it with undyed spun wool. Here is the outcome... Quite fun!


A little fuzzy it is. Not sure if this is due to my inexperience with wool (felting?) or my inexperience with spinning. In either case I'm sure I'll learn from it and future skeins will be picture perfect!


--- Popsiclelicious ---

Oh by the way - this weekend is the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. I can't wait to go! I'll fill you in on my adventures!

Comments

Popular Posts