In The Beginning - pt. 1 - a quick history (me & yarn)

~ 2004
It all started one November, when my friend Dennielle was awarded a trip to Iceland for participating in a usability test-thingie for an airline website. I was the lucky one who was going with her. She was so excited to finally be able to see the Icelandic sheep whose wool she had knitted a few sweaters with... Sheep? Wool? Knit? Who's Pearl?
---

Alafoss Lopi
---
Anyhoo, we were in one of the yarn stores in downtown Reykjavik. I was helping Dennielle decide on a color for her next sweater. I touched the yarns. I saw the colors. I wanted to do something with them. Just then, one of the clerks asked if I knitted. "Nope, I'm here with her", was my answer. "Well, why not?", was the reply. In a split second, the question "why not?" resounded through my head. I looked at her, shrugged my shoulders and said, "what should I get"?

I decided to get 3 different colors of Icelandic Alafoss Lopi (quite scratchy). I could get needles and instructions at home. . .

Comments

Popular Posts