In The Beginning - pt. 2

When Dennielle and I returned to the States, I could not wait to get to a store and buy some knitting needles and a book or two to teach me how. Dennielle didn't really have the time and I was too impatient to wait, so, I went online and found a cool site that had exactly what I needed - little videos to show me how... Talk about excited. I learned to knit, purl, increase, decrease all in the same day! I didn't like how my purls were looking and that is why my first scarf was done in garter stitch. I still don't like how my purls look, but that does not stop me anymore.


My first scarf in Alafoss Lopi
---

Enter Maria.
My friend Maria is originally from Iceland. She knows how to knit, weave, sew - you name it. Right now she's taking a glass class! When Maria found out that I had started knitting, she immediately brought in some of her work so that the two of us could sit in the lunch room at work and knit together. She has since been my 'teacher' and a huge source of inspiration. She is also The source: Right now I have one of her looms and her spinning wheel because she recently moved back home to Iceland and really doesn't have the room for it all. So - I'm saving for the day when the call comes and I have to buy my own - but for the moment I think I'm safe... Keep weaving, Donald!!! ;)

Comments

Popular Posts