Organizing The Studio

It is high time to organize the studio. Most of the paper mess has been shredded and either added to the backyard composter, or sent for recycling.

What A Mess!

The shelving unit for the closet area is Ivar from IKEA. The closet doors will be coming from The Home Depot. I'm staining the shelving unit in a deep rich red mahagony - even though it will be hiding behind closet doors. But that's alright. It will look nice when the doors are opened...


I had originally decided to paint the whole room a medium blue, but, ah! I changed my mind. I went with a few walls in Ralph Lauren - Regent Metallics. Color: Duchess Blue. The other walls I'll paint with 'regular' paint in a light neutral color. Maybe something like this. The trim is in classic white!



I still need to create a little door for access to the plumbing and bathtub that are located in the next room. There was a smaller opening when I bought the house but I opened it up more for easier access. It was just drywall though so I want to build a 'real' door out of wood. It'll need a knob too, to keep the cats out. They love to get in there and play hide and seek, but I'm worried that someone may get stuck back there one day. Right now it's sealed off with a board and weights :)

The shelving unit in this little cubby-hole is LACK, from IKEA. It came in a shiny white laminate and it's going to stay that way. This is where I'll keep some of my soap making supplies. Right now SweetGeorgia has populated this space.

Comments

Popular Posts