The Marigold Garden

The little marigold seedlings with moonflower in the background

I have a growing interest in dyeing fiber and natural dyes interest me a lot! I'm all about natural. I even take natural remedies for my allergies. So this year I decided I was going to grow as many marigold plants as I could (along with an indigo plant or two, just for the fun of it).

I plan to harvest the flowers all season long, weigh them and then either freeze or dry them, and then have a marigold dyeing party in the fall. I think I may even ask my parents and sister if I can plant some marigolds in their yards too.

I love the orange and yellow tones that can be extracted from the marigold plant - and not just from the flowers, but from the green leaves and stems as well. I'm not so sure about the roots. They can stay in the ground as compost for next years garden.


On the left:
: A pack of marigold seeds
On the right: Indigo plant (in front of an orchid)

Comments

Popular Posts